2010年1月19日星期二

Homework10: Table Manners

1.Have you ever eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience.
Once i ate in a Scotland restaurant. I ate steak, goose liver etc. Actually at first i did not know what it is and didn't know how to eat in an appropriate way. so i felt nervous and embarrassed. and frankly, i found these so-called delicious food not that tasty. or maybe it's not ourstyle.

2.Did you learn anything?
What I have learnt is that before you eat in a foreign restaurant, you should get an idea what its food is like and how to eat it. Just as the old saying goes, do as Roman does when you are in Rome. I just need to get accustomed to the different food style and enjoy the whole eating. But surely, I also learnt how to eat in a western manner which is graceful and elegant.

8 条评论:

  1. Hi, applepie. I like that you quoted the old saying. It is the perfect answer :)

    回复删除
  2. Hi.
    Learing western manner is usuful for everything.
    I would like to learn it more!!

    回复删除
  3. hello :)

    yeah, I was also surprised the elegant way to eat of weastan people!
    It looks...cool!

    回复删除
  4. Hi!!
    You ate goose steak and goose liver |+0+|
    So wonderful!!
    Was it good??
    I want to go Scotland and I try to eat goose food!!

    回复删除
  5. Hello!
    steak and goose liver seems very delicious!

    回复删除
  6. i think we should pay attention to the table manner in classy restaurants. but when we have a meal in a normal restaurant or something like taht, we should be fun and taste the meal and do not have to care about "how to" so much.

    回复删除
  7. Hi!
    I have an image of western table manner as elegant style.
    I want to go to classy restaurant in Europe and enjoy the ambience there.

    回复删除
  8. Hi,
    I agree with you.
    The most surprised thing is manner after eating when I went to the fast-food restaurant in England.

    回复删除