2009年5月14日星期四

Homework3-Answer the following questions

Q1:How do you greet people in your life?
A1:Just say "hello" to them.

Q2:Is it different for different people? How so and why?
A2: I think it differs. When back in old days, people in our country always greet people with a sentence like "Have you eaten?" while people, especially in western countries just say "hello" or "how do you do?". It may trace back to the different culture. We attach great importance to the food, so that's why we greet people with something related to the food.

Q3:Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?
A3:I think it depends. When talking to strangers, I will keep a certain distance. Maybe this is for safety reason. But when interacting with my friends, sometimes I will touch them to show the intimacy between us, which draws us close.

6 条评论:

  1. Hi,applepie♪♪
    I was very interested in A2!!!

    回复删除
  2. I agree with you that touching friends is a way to show our intimacy.
    I touch my students in my cram school which I am working part-time.
    But high school students are in their rebellious stages, so sometimes touching them can make them annoyed.

    回复删除
  3. HI LOVELYGIRL :)
    IT IS VERY INTERESTING THAT PEOPLE SAY "HAVE YOU EATEN?" FOR GREETING IN YOUR COUNTRY.
    IS THAT RELATED TO WHAT WE SHOULD NOT EAT EVERYTHING IN RESTAURANTS IN CHINA?

    回复删除
  4. To BECKY
    It's not related to what we should eat or not. It's only the way when we met people to say in our dailylife in my home country.

    回复删除
  5. To BECKY
    Thank you for interested in A2.
    I think it's the culture difference.

    回复删除